The Art of Adjusting
This course is directed towards new and experienced yoga teachers that want to become more familiar with the art of verbal and physical adjustments on their students.
14h YACEP certified course.
February 26, 27, 2022
- Only Saturday: 80€
- Only Sunday: 100€
- Saturday & Sunday: 160€
- Saturday, 11-18h – 14h -15h lunch break
- Sunday, 9h -18h – 13h -14h lunch break
- 15 students maximum
The bulk of the course will be on physical adjusting. How to physically adjust, where to touch, when not to adjust. What works for some students may not work for others and why. We will be using props such as blankets, bolsters, blocks and straps as well to help students get into the most comfortable or better-aligned poses. We will spend time on the abdominal and core area of the body making sure the bandhas are activated and discuss softness and relaxation in asanas to find comfort. We will go through a long list of poses from the Ashtanga Primary Series as well as variations on those poses.
If you have completed Hot Yoga Academy’s hot yoga teacher training a 15% discount will be deducted from the price.
- 11:00 –12:15 – Hot Vinyasa Asana
- 12:30 – 13:00 – Introductions & experience with adjustments
- 13:00 – 14:00 Adjustments Standing Poses
- 14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
- 15:00 – 16:00 When to verbally or physically adjust, types of adjustments, teacher alignment when adjusting
- 16:00 – 18:00 Adjustments Standing & Twists
- 9:00 – 10:00 Vinyasa Yoga Asana
- 10:00– 13:00 Adjustments Hips, Forward Folds, Back Bends
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 – 15:00 Adjustment positions that are inappropriate and how to deal with accusations of sexual harassment while adjusting
- 15:00 – 18:00 Adjustments Balancing, Savasana and inversions