Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training
This training is for any woman willing to have an extraordinary experience. Yoga teachers, moms- to- be, mothers, doulas, midwives… You are all welcome!
45h YACEP certified course.
Dates of the course:
- 6 days, 9h – 17h
- 10 students maximum
This is a beautiful journey to empowerment and self-discovery. A transformative Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Flow Training that will teach you how to support pregnant women through their magic path to motherhood and to enjoy a conscious, respected and peaceful birth of their babies. The type of yoga taught is based on dynamic sequences with a Vinyasa flow base. If you want to learn how to teach a safe, creative & full movement prenatal yoga practice, this is a great opportunity.
This immersion will prepare students to work with the special needs of prenatal and postnatal students. You will learn the art of transmitting the ancient philosophy of yoga to pregnant women, and how to support and inspire them safely and with awareness.
The training is based on a dynamic-flow yoga designed specially for pregnant women to keep them agile, flexible and strong both physically and mentally. All postures are linked through breathing and not only help women to connect with their femininity, their sensuality and power, but also they prevent common pregnancy discomforts that might appear right from the beginning. This type of yoga also allows women to stay strong inside and out so they can face this new stage of life full of health and wellbeing.
1.Yoga and Pregnancy
- Pregnant Women in the West
- Prenatal Yoga Philosophy
- Asanas to treat or prevent dysfunctions
- Yoga Flow sequences and variations
- How to build a prenatal yoga flow class
- Childbirth Preparation Yoga
- Meditation and Visualizations
- The importance of the breath and pranayama techniques
- Spiritual and Energy work and support
- Relaxation and stress-reduction techniques to alleviate doubts, fears, negative programming and patterning
2. Anatomy and Physiology
- The Uterus: woman´s energy center
- The Jaw’s role during labor and delivery
- The Pelvic Floor
- The Pelvis and its mobility during birth
- Stages of pregnancy
3. Yoga and birth
- The role of a Doula
- The role of the midwife
- Female hormones during pregnancy
- The Pituitary Gland and hormones during birth
- “Pain” during birth
- Natural Childbirth & hospitals
- Fetal Positions
4. Recommendations for the first 40 days after birth
- Post Natal Yoga
- Diastasis recti
- Pelvic Floor and abdominal strengthening
- Mom and Baby Yoga
- How to structure, set up your own class and get it going
- Networking with your community and others in the childbirth world
- Prenatal Yoga Business
The program covers yoga during pregnancy and yoga during postpartum.